Christa Harmotto Dietzen is London 2012 Olympic Silver Medalist, FIVB World Champion and is a current captain of US Women's National Indoor Volleyball Team.
Dietzen was selected to join the U.S. National team roster in May 2009, and has been an key player in all domestic and international competitions. Before joining Team USA, Christa lead Penn State University to two back to back NCAA Championships.
Here are her most notable athletic achievements according to USA Volleyball
- Captain of the gold-medal winning 2015 FIVB World Grand Prix team and named Second Best Middle Blocker of the Final Round that included seven blockers vs. Brazil on July 25
- Captain of the gold-medal winning 2014 FIVB World Championship team, returning after missing most of the 2014 season to produce 3.00 points per set with a .511 hitting efficiency while starting eight of 13 matches
- 2012 Olympic Games silver medalist, starting all eight matches with a 1.73 points per set average while converting 51.6 percent of attacks
- Helped U.S. Women to gold medal finishes at the 2011 and 2012 FIVB World Grand Prix
- Led Penn State to consecutive NCAA Division Women's Volleyball Championship titles in 2007 and 2008
Learn more about Christa on Team USA's website
My hometown has no post office, but I graduated with 256 other human beings...not cows.
My Jr High P.E. teacher recruited me in gym class to play volleyball, most likely because I was shorter than everyone else.
Shoutout to my neighborhood.. my anchor...Kings Mill Manor.
My grandmother made my pants growing up because I couldn't find ones long enough.
Talent show. 3rd Grade. Sheryl Crow. All I Wanna Do. Scrunchies. Choreographed. Yes it was videotaped.
SPACE JAM soundtrack defined my childhood summers. (Notice the website hasn't changed since 1996)
My brothers and I entertained ourselves as kids with skits and talent shows. Parents documented every one of them. Debating to reveal those to my future husband. I'll wait a year into wedlock...or five.
Eldest sibling of 3 and eldest cousin of 12. Let's say I became the "ring-leader" at the age of 2.
20 years later, I graduated from Pennsylvania State University with a Bachelors in Elementary Education.
Favorite text to receive from a teammate..."Are we wearing heels tonight?"
I taught abroad at Yapton Elementary School in southern England my Senior Spring semester.
Even if my body is not in motion, my mind is always in motion.
I have a stuffed bear named, Fuzz. He was gifted to me in 2007 and has traveled the world with me since.
Goal: be fluent in Italian. Until then, smile and throw Italian twists on English words. Don't believe me?
Post retirement agenda: Rollerblading, mountain biking, snowboarding and a 1/2 Ironman while I'm at it.
When I cross the endline to serve...now that's a story in itself.
When I realized we'd get Silver, my heart immediately switched to pursuing Gold for another four years.